Monday, September 20, 2010

Receipts.1


3 limes
1 bunch cilantro
1 red onion
1 white onion
1 bag spinach
1 bottle white wine (Las Brisas - a white from the Rueda region of Spain. You see the $$)
1 bottle buttermilk


I often stand there in line at the grocery story wondering what my groceries say about me. Making snap judgements about the guy behind me with the three packages of ground beef, corn chips, chocolate milk, case of red Gatorade and bag of Gala apples.
Meatloaf, perhaps?
So I thought I would just put it out there. I think it's especially interesting now that I live in a neighborhood - um, maybe city - that doesn't really put much stock in full-on grocery stores, thus I have been doing a lot of shopping for a little of things.

In this case my friends just gave me the gift of seven homegrown California avocados. Guacamole? Cold soup? Etc. Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment